Thursday, June 18, 2009

Random stuff

Dream Theater should pitch Jordan and Kevin James and get Jens Johansson and Geoff Tate. They're both older, but so is Jordan!
Or they could just fire James and hire Les Claypool as first chair bassist/singer! That would sure transform their sound. A lot. Metallica rejected him in '86 because...wait! I need to do a complete auditioning blog post! Hold that thought.
Mike Portnoy should form a deathcore band and play rhythm guitar and growl (like in "Nightmare to Remember"). Masaki can play bass with Gene Hoglan and Jeff Loomis. Maybe Janne Wirman too, but I'm pretty sure keyboards would make this supergroup less cool. Their name should be a lyrical reference to Train of Thought or the new album. Which comes out in 4 days 8 hours W0OT WO0T You know, despite the suckiness of "Rite of Passage," (I'm warming up to 'Nightmare') the description on Wikipedia looks like it will rule.
Exuce me as I go check on Relient K. They were my first favorite band, and I need to update myself on them. There's a lot of things I like about them and a lot of things I don't.
But I'll save that thought for another time.
Currently listening to: "March of Mephisto" by Kamelot. I'd rather listen to "The Glass Prison." More on that later.
Hahaha "Facebook Markup Language." Just WYSIWYG.
The Jonas Hellborg Group is really like the Jonas brothers because Anders & Jens Johanssen are brothers. Plus Jonas is named Jonas. .... It'sa meee!!
Pullmeopolis!
Who else thinks that the singers of The Rocket Summer and The Mars Volta should collaborate? "The Rocket Volta" is a sweet name!! They'd better keep Juan though.
A band that I literally just discovered now: Garaj Mahal! (like the Taj Mahal). Their 2008 album is named w00t (I looked it up after my usage above), they allow their music to be downloaded on torrents, and they have "technical virtuosity"! Plus, they're a funk band, which is a genre that I've gotten into because of Bass Lines at Berklee. More on that later. I should probably keep track of when I say that. Their bassist founded the John McLaughlin Trio!!

No comments: