Thursday, March 19, 2009

Progressive Finances

In Econ class, it sounds like there are two main financial companies in the area: Edward Jones and Charles Schwab. My initial bias was towards the former, but my teacher uses the latter, so now I'm confused - except for about an hour ago, when I was watching 30 Rock and a Charles Schwab commercial came on - the music was in 7/4!! Granted, it was the completely lame syncopation thing that every simpleton prog band does - a 7/8 rhythm twice, so the syncopation makes it resolve better. Cheap and common! Seriously, I've heard Dream Theater, Yes, Steve Vai, Jeff Beck, the Flower Kings, Umphrey's McGee, Between the Buried & Me, Scale the Summit, and I think Fantomas do it - and that's only off the top of my head, I've heard abut twice that. Seriously people!!
Anyway, I will talk to Chuck then.

No comments: